Social Work » Homeless


Homeless Children Have the Right to a Free, Appropriate Public Education.

If you or your child:
  • Live in a shelter
  • Share housing with relatives or others because you lost your housing or cannot afford housing
  • Live in a campground, car, abandoned building, or other inadequate shelter
  • Do not have a permanent address and/or permanent housing
  • Live on the street
  • Live in temporary foster care
You have the right to:
  • Immediately enroll in and attend school without having health and school records with you
  • Enroll in the school where you are living or the school attended when permanently housed...if in your child's best interest
  • Receive transportation to and from school of origin
  • Participate in school related activities and receive other needed services
Utilize dispute resolution process if you have a grievance.
Homeless Liaison Information:
Local Liaison
Jacquelyn White
229-3321-7031 ext. 1017
State Coordinator
Eric McGhee