Homeless Children Have the Right to a Free, Appropriate Public Education.
If you or your child:
- Live in a shelter
- Share housing with relatives or others because you lost your housing or cannot afford housing
- Live in a campground, car, abandoned building, or other inadequate shelter
- Do not have a permanent address and/or permanent housing
- Live on the street
- Live in temporary foster care
You have the right to:
- Immediately enroll in and attend school without having health and school records with you
- Enroll in the school where you are living or the school attended when permanently housed...if in your child's best interest
- Receive transportation to and from school of origin
- Participate in school related activities and receive other needed services
Utilize dispute resolution process if you have a grievance.
Homeless Liaison Information:
229-3321-7031 ext. 1017