Mitchell County School System will “Bridge the Gap” by becoming a system of distinguished schools where students acquire the understanding and skills to be successful as they continue their education at the postsecondary level and/or enter the workforce.
The mission of the Mitchell County School System is to pursue excellence in academic understanding, skills, and behavior for each student, resulting in measured improvement against local and national standards and producing responsible, productive citizens.
1. Curriculum-Focus on mastery of the material
2. Literacy-Improve Lexile levels and overall reading comprehension
3. Student Academic Behavior-Improve non-cognitive/academic behaviors and increase student engagement
4. Transparency-Increase stakeholder engagement and collaboration
• We believe students realize success through active learning in different ways and at different rates.
• We believe parents are essential in the education process.
• We believe technology literacy is essential for student success.
• We believe effective instruction is essential for student success.
• We believe schools are responsible for modeling and cultivating civic, moral, and ethical values.
• We believe grade to grade transition should be seamless by moving students when they are ready.
• We believe expectations should be clearly communicated to students, parents, and community thus ensuring completion of post-secondary level school and/or work.
• We believe regular attendance by students and staff is critical for student success.