Requirements for Mitchell County School System's Volunteers
Currently we are not utilizing volunteers.
Interested in Becoming a Substitute Teacher?
- Apply Online
- Complete the Substitute Teacher Application.
- If it has been five or more years since you have been trained as a substitute teacher, you must complete the substitute teacher training class which is offered at Southwest GA RESA.
- Please visit the Southwest Georgia RESA website for additional information on substitute teacher training.
- Complete fingerprinting registration at the Mitchell County Board of Education (MCBOE) office, MCBOE does not complete the fingerprinting. Criminal background check must be approved prior to any substitute assignments.
- All retired educators must maintain a current teaching certificate or paraprofessional license in lieu of the substitute training class and complete fingerprinting for Criminal Background.
- Complete Georgia Mandatory training via Compliance Director. To access, visit the Mitchell County Human Resource page found on the Mitchell County System's website.