Requirements for Mitchell County School System's Volunteers
Click on the following link to apply to become a volunteer with the Mitchell County School System.
At this time, we are not utilizing volunteers. Volunteer
Requirements for Mitchell County School System Substitutes
Beginning 2018-2019 school year, any new substitute must complete the substitute teacher training offered at any RESA or other approved professional learning sites. Please visit the Southwest Georgia RESA
website for additional information on substitute training.
- Complete an online substitute teacher application on the Mitchell County Schools website.
- Complete fingerprinting at the Mitchell County Board of Education office, the cost is $51.25. You must pay with a money order. Background results must be approved prior to any substitute assignments.
- If it has been five or more years since you have been trained as a substitute teacher, you must complete the substitute teacher training class which is offered at Southwest GA RESA.
- All retired educators must maintain a current teaching certificate or paraprofessional license in lieu of the substitute training class.
- Complete Georgia Mandatory training via Compliance Director. Visit the Mitchell County Human Resource office or visit the principal at each school for login information and further details.